MKLM Orientation

A compilation of photos from my Orientation in Ossining (October 1-December 10)...

MKLM Family ♥

Frank and Josie Cuda- no relation that we know of! Two volunteers from the very first class of Maryknoll Lay Missioners. My dads middle name is Frank, and I grew up on Josie Ave. Coincidence? I think not!

Exploring the city with Margarita ♥ (She will be serving in Sao Paulo, Brazil)

Team Africa!
Left to Right- Joanne: Tanzania Regional Director, Gabe: South Sudan, Angelica: Tanzania, Mike aka MKLM Dad: Kenya, Gabrielle (me 😊) Tanzania, Kathleen: Kenya, Coralis: Kenya Regional Director

TeaTown Lake Reservation with Margarita (Brazil) and Kylene (Cambodia)

I thought I was going to be walking into a Halloween party with the group, but it ended up being a surprise birthday party for my 23rd! No one dressed up besides Margarita and I, naturally. 🦁

Always a great time at the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers Society. The two priests on the left were who I spent most of my time with, Fr. Dan and Fr. Leo. Both had served in Tanzania, Fr. Dan for over 60 years and Fr. Leo for over 30!

Group picnic in front of the Society building.

TeaTown Lake Reservation with the crew. 

Margarita and I's favorite face to see everyday while eating with the Sisters. They call her Alice in Wonderland because she wonders all around the building, ready to offer a friendly greeting filled with hand-warming, and tickles!

MKLM dad and I hard at work... my artistic abilities clearly were put to the test during this activity. 

Photo collage during our discernment retreat.

Goofy gals! Margarita and Kathy.

Spent a good majority of my nights bundled up with Thomas Merton and a glass of wine. This is my favorite excerpt form his "Dialogues with Silence"

Spent Thanksgiving in DC with my cousin. This is the inside of  the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. It was BEAUTIFUL, to say the least.

Margarita and I with the dinner we cooked for Mike and Angelica's birthdays! No matter how many times we showered, we smelled like garlic for at least a week following. 
The crew with Cecilia, Sam, and Marj! All part of the staff of Maryknoll Lay Missioners.  
Fr. Leo, cracking up, per usual!
Signing my Covenant, with Momma Cuda as my witness. Along with Marj and Joanne.






After the Signing of the Covenant

Karibu, Tanzania!
Of course the only day of snow we get during orientation is our last full day in New York!

Anne Termini, my accompaniment go-to woman! I don't know how I would've gotten through Orientation without this angel of mine. 

Sending Ceremony Procession 




Comments